Here's what I'm doing, in case you're unfamiliar:
1. Choosing 30 items from my closet
2. Wearing only those items for the next 30 days (exceptions: camis, undergarments, gym clothes, winter coats and accessories)
3. Abstaining from shopping for the duration of the challenge
4. Learning how "work with what I've got" and also discovering what pieces would be worthwhile to add to my closet
For more info, check out the brains behind the operation here.
1. I am not a fashion blogger, so you should have low expectations :)
2. There is no cute way to photograph large piles of clothing, so I just threw everything on the bed and took snap shots, sorry!
3. Hopefully I'll do better with taking photos this time, but no promises
4. Hannah is taking photos of hubs and I for our Christmas cards in early November, I may or may not wear something else for the photos. We'll see.
Let's start with the shoes..
black boots - Diba
tan boots - Madden Girl
camel flats - Lands End
black flats - Dr. Scholls
metallic loafers - BC
grey pumps - Madden Girl
Both pairs of boots are newer, so I'm excited to log some miles in them. I wear flats a lot, but I don't often wear those camel colored ones - I just haven't "broke them in" yet. The grey pumps are really cute, I just need to man up and wear heels to work!
Three pairs of neutral pants:
black cigarette pants - Gap
dark grey trousers - Gap
khakis - American Eagle
grey t-shirt - Old Navy**
white blouse - Maurices
ivory blouse - Pac Sun
I've had both of these blouse for a really long time, and I don't often wear them. Someone once told me the white one looked like a pirates shirt, but I am determined to prove them wrong. I've had the Pac Sun one for years (I don't remember the last time I shopped there) and want to find new ways to wear it.
**As I was going through these later on, I realized the grey shirt had a hole. I subbed a white crewneck shirt instead.
black scoop neck tank - three dots
ivory cable knit sweater - Gap
white button up - Gap
cowlneck - Kensie
The white button up I purchased after my last challenge..I didn't have one, and thought it would be a smart buy. You may notice that I included a lot more neutrals this time around. During my last challenge I had way too many skirts and pants and not enough neutral tops. Lesson learned.
red tee - Victoria's Secret
dark green tee - Gap
thin wine colored sweater - Gap
I heart this sweater, it's new. The other two are just basics.
floral, pleated skirt: Anthopologie
brown pleated skirt: Gap
Black skirt: Target
dark trouser boot cut from a local boutique
skinny jeans from Express
Last time I only included one pair of jeans, but I can wear jeans to the office on Fridays so I thought two pair was a better fit for me.
paisley print - Rampage
maroon cotton - Old Navy
black v neck - Target
I'm hoping to jazz the black and maroon ones up a bit as I've had them forever. Colored tights, perhaps? I've had the paisley print one for a long time too..I'm hoping I find a good way to wear it to work.
floral print sheer cardi - Target
ombre navy and blue cardi - ella moss
black and grey blazer - free people
Here we go!